Monday, January 19, 2009

Kara

Kara
Live Life to the Fullest! This is my motto. I seek abundant life and thus far, that is what I have found. I have had so many incredible opportunities, especially since I have been at ACU. I have been stretched, challenged, and I’ve grown in so many areas over the past two and a half years. I’ve been to several different countries in several different continents and have had experiences that I will reflect on, cherish, and learn from for the rest of my life. In each place, a small (or sometimes grande) piece of my heart has been left behind- left me longing to return to the people and the places whether physically or only in my memories. I’ve loved getting to build relationships with people in so many different places and I so look forward to building relationships with the people here in Latin America. Though the language barrier is intimidating, there are other ways to communicate and I’m determined to be bold in trying to speak.
You could probably tell by the profile picture that I love music. I have a passion for singing and playing guitar and I hope to write music here a lot more than I did in Oxford, though many places in Europe inspired my music. I plan to write some in Spanish and maybe even translate one of my already-written songs to Spanish. I will be sure to keep the blog up-to-date on any musical advancement!

It may very well be that I will be a nomad of sorts for the majority of my life. I was made for adventure and at this point, I feel that God is moving me toward a future requiring a bit of moving around. The times when I think I am right where I am supposed to be, God opens a door to something new. Being the stubborn human I am, I usually resist for a while but the times when I surrender I end up loving the next thing more than the previous. And then I don’t want to move on to the next thing. Such is the cycle of my life & I know that wherever the Lord leads me I can trust that he will give me the strength and courage to venture through life with boldness. “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of a sound mind.” -2 Timothy 1:7- Living life with this truth inside of me, gives me the faith to trade my normal life for the abundant life he offers.

-Kara

No comments: