Tuesday, February 10, 2009

arak. That's Kara backwards but with a lower case letter.

buenas noches a todos de una chica muy cansada. Evening all, from one very tired muchacha.

I'm really not very happy right now because Kara just complained to me about the song our sweet Amelia had us sing in class... it's stuck in her head. Its really catchy. Too catchy in fact... which is why it is now incessantly replaying in my head... but it does remind me of middle school. *satisfied sigh*
I don't mean to brag but we have sang in class for the past two days. I sound pretty good in spanish.
Really I've enjoyed it. It also made me sweetly reminisce of my French class last semester. (oh the best class ever. funniest class ever.) Nous chantons toujour en la classe du Francais avec Professor Jones. Prof Jones had us sing everyday, AND he had a really cool belt buckle with a bear on it! French songs are silly. So are generalizations.

I do miss nasal vowels in the land of rolling R's.

Tomorrow we are south bound to Buenos Aires. Don't be fooled. It's not a vacation. Think, field trip.

Fun fact: no air-conditioning in Buenos Aires... it's cool though, I'm not worried about it. (ha, funny me. It's actually not cool more like claustrophobically hot.) Also fun fact: Even though it is a common misconception that Stefanie speaks Portuguese, she doesn't but she does actually have real Argentine relatives and is half herself. hmm...so is she a local?

Punta del Este was nice. the Las Llamadas candombe parade was nice. Lunch today- very nice.

thats what I have for you for now.
ta ta amigos. (ta ta is not spanish.)

nylassej.
thats my name. backwards.
(Don't think I didn't sign my name that way in middle school... and today... and other special occasions like on my pen pal's birthday, or the Day of the Dead.)


Pictures tomorrow? hopefully... if not though you shall wait like a good girl till monday.

No comments: