Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Meu nome é.. ?

Ta, escucha. OK, listen.
It's been a good week since we've posted. Oops, but not really oops because we knew it would be a while. We told you we were going to be out of town. There may be other times of copious space between posts in the future... because life is about to pick up even more.
I remember last spring how the first month felt so long (yet short) but we had no idea that at the end of the first month...our semester was about to begin.
It felt like that's where it really started... knowing that changes my perspective about a lot of things here.

Like for instance, if I finish this blog I can eat some peanut butter toast. The future is very clear.

We went to the state of Rocha over the weekend. It was wicked cool. (use some inflection, wi-iicked cool. ) It was beautiful and rural... and everyone here is needing some time outside of the city. It was a full weekend and you can have no qualms knowing that we, of course, got home late Sunday night and woke up to class Monday morning... but the balance of work and play equalled out this week.

[ok, I give in. I am going to get my peanut butter toast.]
Heh, I found chocolate to go on my toast too...

Some of us at the casa are in a one week Missions class (I think about 8 of us). I would say that it is rough, solely based on the fact that we are in class for many hours this one week, but after having sat through two days of class I can't even go so far as to say that it's rough because it's THAT good. We have an awesome teacher from Brazil. His name is Bio and it has been an awesome thing to be a part of so far. (not that I forsee a change.) It's long and I'm tired but its worth it. Also, interesting information, I made the suggestion at the beginning of a session yesterday that I thought Bio should teach us some Portuguese at the beginning of each class. I didn't think he would buy it but he really jumped on board and it's been really helpful... or confusing. Depends on how you look at it.

Well, my month at the gym has officially expired cause I don't want to pay for another month when I'm not going to be here enough to go (climbing is only on mon, tues, and thurs nights) and I'm not about to get the medical examen necessary to continue going... we can talk about it later. We are still friends with some brohas from the gym though but my climbing during gym hours are over. the good news is, Mauro has a key to the gym. heheheheh.

Also, on another random and unnecessary note, I got a serious tan this weekend. It surprised me because usually... I dont burn, which is good, but I don't tan either. I have this really nice yellow skin tone.. usually after a few hours in the sun I just look like I have Jaundice and need a shower. Did you know there is a hole is the Ozone over Uruguay? Does anyone know if that's true? I believe it. The sun does some weird things here... you should look at the pictures of Kortney's legs. I am NOT laughing at her, but it was funny.

Fact- in Uruguay it is an old wives tale to rub tomatoes on a bad sunburn as relief... (says Dani the bus driver)
Also Fact- Kortney's legs looked like Lobster leg's with the chicken pox... BUT she didn't hurt anymore. uh huh.

ok now I'm going to enjoy my peanut butter-chocolate toast. whoop.


Sara Morris and Benjamín Palabra (ben word.) I'm going to go ahead and just say that riding in a hot bus makes people give looks like that... it has nothing to do with me.


Crab.


Zanessa, Carolina, Morgan and Sarah pretend to like each other.










What? STUDDDY ABROOAD.. on a boat.

more pictures (that are copyright) later.
jessalyn

1 comment:

Amy said...

I can see where the Portuguese would confuse you at this point, but it's really cool you have a Brasilian teacher willing to work with you! Maybe it will help you with your trip to Brasil soon!

BTW, I LOVE the pic of the 4 girls on the beach!