Thursday, March 5, 2009

ready, ready.



The Rosary I bought on our first trip to Rome last spring hangs over an antique tambourine on my wall. At this time of night it casts a long shadow of a cross on the schedule of the semester I tacked to my wall the day we got to Montevideo. There's an assortment of things tacked there... pictures of the Wiggins girls and a thank you note, an earring without a match and a few random spanish notes. I'm sitting here checking out the semester in a glance... it's going by fast.
I don't even know the date... the 5th?
Maybe the source of my nostalgia tonight is a result of the dim lighting, or the feel of the cool air in the night here. Really I think it's the Queen song that just came on my itunes. It reminds me of train rides to the airport and the air guitarist that always sat with me through rough airplane landings all over Europe... whatever it is, I'm reminiscing.


This time last year, at about half past midnight, we were waiting on the steps of house 9 for Jeremy Varner to finish packing his bag so that we could get some food at Ali's burger stand on the way to the Oxford bus station to catch the 1 A.M. bus to London. Five of us ended up running through the empty back streets of Oxford in the freezing cold with all of our things, one broken flip flop, and some choice words for Jeremy... because we were on our way to Morocco and it was 12:55.











p.s. We made it to Morocco

-Jessalyn

No comments: