Wednesday, April 1, 2009

happy birthday to me.



It's a week for doting on Raquel and Mariela I suppose, because it just so happens that at Casa ACU today it was my birthday and man... they did good. Really it's not today it's the 9th but we're going to be in Brazil then and so today was my day of celebration and choice foods from our lovely cooks. I wouldn't expect much but it was definitely more than I did expect, and of course our visitors from ACU added to the fun. If you're not jealous you should be. :)

Here we have two wonderful helpers Kara and Sarita rolling and cooking tortillas. (and not pictured-Zanessa. Who constantly is a HUGE help around the house... if you don't do your dishes you're really a jerk... cause you KNOW that Zanessa will do them for you.) I chose fajitas for my lunch because there are three things that you really can't go wrong with when it comes to Raquel y Mariela... Fajitas, chivitos, and chocolate. Actually... there's really nothing you can go wrong with but I was under pressure to make a decision.

(that's Zanessa in her pj's... hehe)

The lovely and wonderful Raquel and a lovely set up.

... ok, ok so we might have set up this nice little display because the ACU guests were here, but you can't discredit how awesome that cake is and I'm sure would have been just as wonderful simply to celebrate how awesome I am. Right?...
Raquel came to get me when it was time for the desert and singing part of lunch... but she told me I had to wait "porque Mariela fue a obtener una cosa especial" because Mariela went to get something special... it just so happened to be small rockets to top the cake. Wicked cool.
I told them I didn't really want to use the birthday song for celebration but they sang it anyway. However, Stefanie and Kara did make good on their promise to sing the Fresh Prince of BelAir song after I blew out the candles. I was pushing for a song from the Cranberries but I was denied. Oh well, I was definitely satisfied on my fake birthday.



Whoah... just whoah.


I've never been thanked so many times for being born... so thank you God for making me, but more importantly for making Mariela and Raquel who made this cake.

Now I have a short video of the other night at the Uruguay vs. Paraguay World Cup elimination game. The video from Peru is coming... please have patience. :)
oh... and Please do not watch this if you are a victim of motion sickness. Neither ACU, Kara and I, or Study Abroad Montevideo will be held responsible for any illness that occurs from watching my poor filming skills.


¡SOY CELESTE! from jessalyn massingill on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Both Alan Barr and I celebrated our birthdays in Brazil a year ago on the ACU trip, and it was fun!

But--better yet--is the special Raquel and Mariela birthday meal. We had enchiladas for mine; they were heavenly!!!!

Loving your blog, ladies! Thanks, and keep 'em coming! :)